Sunday, May 3, 2009

Build a Graphic Design computer

I am a graphic designer, comic book artist, and digital painter. I need a computer for graphic design, comic book art, and digital painting. I started the research for what fit my needs 6 or 7 months ago. I have come to the conclusion that a completely custom PC build is what I want and perfect for me for several reasons.

1. I need to fit the build in to a budget of $2000.00 to $3000.00.
2. I need expandability.
3. Control over all aspects of the components.
4. Amazing graphics card with multi monitor support.

So to explain each reason; my budget is the simplest of reasons. It’s what I have! So Macs were teetering on exclusion starting here. Expandability I want to be able to keep up with changes in technology advances to a certain degree. The desktop PC I currently have has lasted 6 years! Not bad for a Dell, but it has taken a little work to keep this bad boy going. If I build it my self it will be more compatible with future parts, because of the current parts picked and more parts will match with my machine later. Also Macs were ruled out here because of the slight lack of compatible parts. Next was control. If I have control over the parts I buy I will ALWAYS purchase better quality parts then the big corporations will buy. That is an undisputable fact! I am a bit of a monitor hound; I currently have 3 monitors and can’t wait to expand. I also will be purchasing (some time this year) a Cintiq 21UX, I want as many monitor outputs as possible. The most you can swing with a Mac as far as I can tell is 4. (Correct me if I am wrong)

So some time this week I will be back with the up date to my build. I will also be doing an in depth look at the build with a step by step. Keep checking in, there are some big things on the horizon including an amazing partnership between me and another artist on a future FREE web comic.

Also I will do a review for my HP pavilion tx2000. It is a tablet pc with Wacom technology. I will do the review from a graphic design, comic book art, and digital painting point of view.

Till next time
Erick

No comments:

Powered By Blogger